On 28 September, 2018 an earthquake measuring 7.4 on the Richter scale struck Central Sulawesi, Indonesia. This was followed by a tsunami reported to have been 6 metres in height when it made landfall on the coastal areas of Palu City and Donggala on the west of the island. The impact of the tsunami has been catastrophic leaving at least 1,300 dead (this figure is likely to rise much higher as search teams continue their work), hundreds of thousands have lost their homes and there is an urgent need for safe drinking water.
The Big Give Indonesia Appeal has started today. Please donate so that we can replace boxes being sent. You can double your money through this link
https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/indonesia#/ scroll down the page to find the Water Survival Box section.
Thanks to contributions from several philanthropists and companies, your donations will be doubled on a first-come, first-served basis, from 12pm (midday) Friday 5th October whilst match funding lasts.
We are sending all our current stock of 300 Water-Survival Boxes to help protect survivors from water-borne diseases following the disaster. Our new appeal is to raise £60,000 to cover the cost of a further 400 boxes.
- Maximum donation to qualify for matched funding will be £1000
- When the available matching funds are exhausted further donations won’t be matched.
- Speed of donations will be of the essence
- This is a specific appeal for Indonesia and not to be confused with our bid to participate in the BigGive Christmas Challenge.
- Anyone unclear to contact Hugo Pike or Tony Quinn, Chelwood Bridge Rotary Club.