Access Instructions for Circa 1200 News
Four Simple Steps to Register and start contributing to this site:
1. Request access as an author
2. You will receive an email invitation which you should accept. If you are not already a WordPress.com user you will need to create a password.
3. Go to the Circa 1200 website, and on the right hand side you will see the following to help you navigate the site.
- Site Admin – click on this to access the Dashboard where you will create new posts
- Log in OR Logout – enter your username and password to login
- Entries RSS
- Comments RSS
4. Go to the Dashboard to start creating your news item. OR Click on the graphic (+pencil) top right to create a new item (heading and content). At the bottom of the page you can save this and only publish when you are happy with your item.
Notes about your Registration:
- Once registered, you can add content to your profile, and change your password.
- Currently all members are registered as “authors” and this will enable you to upload pictures, video, music and media files, as well as text.
- If you lose your password – follow the instructions on the log-in page.
- Make sure if you upload images, they are 20MB or less, otherwise they might not get shown.